Submitting your Case Folder to Land Registry
Important: The procedure outlined below does NOT apply to Priority Search applications. Click here for guidance on submitting your Priority Search application.
Submitting a case folder passes the details you have input to the Land Registry and produces the Form 100E for your application.
When you submit a case folder, you are warned that ‘By continuing with this submission you confirm that the signature panel of the Form 100E generated for this application will be completed automatically using the name of your practice instead of a manuscript signature’. This means that you do not need to sign and date the Form 100E before sending.
PLEASE NOTE that any forms for main transactions (Forms 1,9,10,11,17) MUST be signed correctly before they are posted to Land Registry.
You must then post the Form 100E and any forms for main transactions (ensuring the latter have been signed), payment, and all documentation listed on the Form 100E to Land Registry within the permitted time period.
If the posted documentation does not reach Land Registry within the permitted time period, you will be warned before the Land Registry abandon your electronic application details. You may use the system to resubmit an application which has been abandoned in this way.
When Land Registry receive your posted submission, the bar code printed on the Form 100E will be scanned and the details you entered electronically will be retrieved.
Your application can then be processed in the usual way.
Any problems with payment, documentation supplied etc may lead Land Registry to reject your application, in which case you will be notified of the problem via your preferred communication channel. You may then use the system to deal with your rejected case folder accordingly, and resubmit your application.
It is not possible to resubmit a case folder that has already been submitted to the Land Registry without first withdrawing the existing application.
A Case Folder may be submitted when the following conditions are satisfied:
- All 'main' transactions (Transfer/Transfer of Part, First Registration and Assent by Personal Representative) show a status of 'Form Created' - view guidance on Creating forms for transactions.
- All 'secondary' transactions show a status of 'Complete' - view guidance on creating/completing secondary transactions.
When the above conditions are met, the Case Folder Detail screen will display a link allowing you to submit the case folder.
Following this link will guide you through the Submission screens:
The 'Client Name' you supply here will appear on the Form 100E
If the application relates to the registration of a newly built house in a development estate, you must supply the address of the property. Separate the address lines with a comma ','.
Execution of documents:
- Rule 175 provides that deeds relating to registered land (other than those executed by a corporate body) must be attested by two witnesses or by a solicitor. The execution of other documents (except those executed by a solicitor in his capacity as a solicitor) must be attested by one witness.
- Where a document has been executed by way of a mark, the execution must be verified by a solicitor’s certificate or by an affidavit by an attesting witness.
- Where the Registry returns a document for amendment, it should normally be authenticated by all interested parties. Thus if a transfer which had been executed only by the transferor is amended, it should be authenticated by both the transferor and the transferee. However, if the amendment relates only to an error in a map, or an error in a statement of area, authentication of the document by the parties will not be required if the solicitors acting for all interested parties consent in writing to the amendment.”
- If any of the transactions in this case folder incur a fee, you will be advised of the total amount payable at the top of the screen. This payment must accompany the Form 100E and supporting evidence you post to the Registry.
- A list of all of the transactions (and the associated fees) in your case folder will be displayed. If there is more than one transaction in the list, you will be offered to the opportunity to change the order in which they appear on the Form 100E.
This screen shows a list of all of the documentation which MUST accompany the Form 100E and payment you post to the Registry. The documents shown have been added in response to choices you have made within the transaction screens for the case folder.
The only way to remove documents from the list shown is to cancel the submission and revisit the transaction(s) in the case folder to change responses made. Note that such changes will require the recreation of forms for main transactions, followed by a review of the information previously entered on the Form 100 screens.
You may add additional documents to those shown in the list.
Where any party to a deed in this case folder is blind or illiterate, you should use to attach a Solicitors Certificate Precedent 7b or an Affidavit.
Any photocopies of original documents being supplied must be endorsed to certify that they are true copies of the originals.
Certain document types may be returned to an address other than that used for your practice correspondence.
If any of those document types appear in your list of required documents for this case folder, this screen will be displayed.
Directions added on this screen will appear in the 'Special Directions' panel of the Form 100E generated for this Case Folder.
It is important that up-to-date address details are submitted to the Registry for person(s) named or to be named on folios.
As you prepare to submit your Case Folder to Land Registry, you will be asked if any of the following parties have changed address since forms were generated for the main transactions in this case folder, or if you wish to supply/update an address for service of notice(s):
- Transferees for Transfer/Transfer of Part transactions
- Applicants for First Registration transactions
- Assentees for Assent by Personal Representative transactions
Note that if you wish to change the address of a person already listed as a registered owner of a folio, you MUST add an 'Update Registered Owner Details' transaction to your Case Folder.
Changes on this screen will appear in the 'Change of Address' panel of the Form 100E generated for this Case Folder.
Your Correspondence Address
All correspondence relating to this Case Folder will automatically be sent to the address of your practice as recorded by the Registry.
You should ensure that all details held by the Registry are up to date. If there is a problem with the information shown on this screen, you should cancel your submission request. Once you have contacted the Registry and updated the details, reopen this case folder and select the 'Submit' option again to resume submission.
Confirm your Submission request
- Before you complete your submission to Land Registry, you will be advised that ‘By continuing with this submission you confirm that the signature panel of the Form 100E generated for this application will be completed automatically using the name of your practice instead of a manuscript signature’. The Form 100E does NOT need to be signed.
- Note that Forms 1,9,10,11 and 17 must continue to be signed by the relevant parties.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to submit the case folder to Land Registry. This will pass the details you have input to the Land Registry and produce the Form 100E for your application.
- If successful, you will be shown an application reference allocated by the Registry, and informed that the Form 100E is now available in the Case Folder Progress and Documents area.
The submission, consisting of the Form 100E and signed transaction forms for any main transactions, payment, and all documentation listed on the Form 100E must be received by LPS Land Registry within 21 days of submitting your case folder.
If it is not received within that time, your application may be rejected or abandoned.