The initial map view may show a view anywhere between 10m and 300km in width, dependant on the search type used. LPS OSNI/Land Registry data layers are visible only when you zoom in to 600m (or closer).
Navigating the map
• Toggle between full screen mode and standard window size with
• Zoom in and out of the map using the ‘Width’ dropdown or the ‘+’ / ‘-‘ buttons, or by clicking on the map:
LPS OSNI and Land Registry map layers
• LPS OSNI/Land Registry data layers are visible only when you zoom in to 600m (or closer). The individual layers and labels can be turned on and off .
- If you zoom out beyond 600m, the map will change to a basic map view, allowing you to move around but without the LPS OSNI/Land Registry data. Zoom in again to see those layers switched on.
Purchasing additional map tiles
• You can move around areas of the map you have not yet paid for, but these areas are greyed out and LPS OSNI/Land Registry data cannot be seen in those areas, regardless of zoom level.
• The map tile grid is visible only when the map is zoomed in to 2.5km or closer.
Each large map tile or set of map tiles has a ‘Buy’ button, allowing you to purchase LPS OSNI/Land Registry data. Hovering over the ‘Buy’ button highlights the tiles you can purchase for a single charge:
• Clicking on ‘Buy’ for a map tile or set of map tiles allows you to purchase Land Registry data for the map tile(s).
• Purchasing map tiles in from this screen takes you to the checkout screen before returning to the map with the additional tiles revealed.
What you can see on the map
• Viewing a folio on the map
If you have purchased a map for a specific folio (either via a Folio Search, Owner Name Search, or using the link on the View Folio screen), you see the map centred on that folio, with the zoom level set to accommodate the full extent of the folio:
If the folio is very large, the map may be zoomed out to the point where LPS OSNI/Land Registry data layers are not visible:
• Viewing an address on the map
If you have purchased a map based on an Address Search, the property is identified by a red circle 8m in diameter centred on the address, with the zoom width set to 200m. LPS OSNI and Land Reg data is available at this zoom level.
Any land associated with the address is not identified as it would be in folio number or owner name searches. To see the land boundaries, use the Object list to identify the folio and then come back to the map with the folio boundaries highlighted.
• If you have purchased a set of map tiles (either from the Overview Map Search screen, or via a Map Reference Search), you see the set of map tiles (or one large map tile) with the zoom width set to 1.2km. LPS OSNI and Land Reg data is NOT available at this zoom level.
Using the object list to view objects at a point / within an area
Your search results may be compromised if you do not use the Object List.
• Use the Find Objects map menu to find objects at a point on the map or to find objects within an area you select.
• Selecting ‘Find objects at a point on the map’ hides the menu and displays a blue cursor:
Clicking on the map then displays a count of objects at the selected point, and a link to view a list of objects:
• Selecting ‘Find objects within an area on the map’ hides the menu and displays a blue cursor:
Clicking on the map begins the highlight task. Drag the mouse to create a rectangle and click again to complete the area:
When the box is complete, a count of objects within the area is shown, with a link to view a list of objects:
Viewing Statutory Charge objects on a map
• Use the Find Objects map menu and select the option to ‘Switch to Statutory Charges map view’.
You will be taken to the Checkout screen to pay for the Statutory Charges map covering the current set of four tiles (or one large tile).